Header additional menu

English Style Support
sharnaak
phpbb.com: sharnaak

Header additional menu

Post by sharnaak »

Hello there!
First of all i'd like to say thanks for your really nice theme (the proFormell one)! I've just started using phpbb and i picked your theme since it looks so good. I've been toying around a bit with phpBB and added even board3 to my site, so it now looks like this (www.nbteam.eu) and i'm quite happy with it, but i'd love to just add one more feature to the site, a menu on the header of the site!

I'm not exactly sure it is a matter of the style i'm using, but i didn't know where else i could write this topic, so anyway i'll try to make myself a bit more clear...

I'd love to add something that looks like the dropdown menu on www.phpbb.com or even just the buttons on top of www.board3.de, since i think they would make the navigation of the portal a bit more smoother... I looked a bit around the forums and i found a few info about changes on the common.css and template.php but as i said before, i'm kinda new to this and i don't where to start... So i wanted to know if you could give me some hint or if you had alredy something ready that i could use and that could match your proFormell style...
Marc
Administrator
Administrator
phpbb.com: Marc

Re: Header additional menu

Post by Marc »

AFAIK there is a MOD at phpBB.com that provides just what you want (a menu like on phpbb.com).
sharnaak

Post by sharnaak »

Uh, sorry for that then. I went through a few pages of the phpbb forum without actually finding it, probably I'm just blind. I'll look for it again ^^ Also, in case you should happen to remeber the name of it let me know =)!

Thanks again Marc, and i hope in the next future I will have gathered enough knowledge to eventually help out other newbies like me =P!
Marc
Administrator
Administrator
phpbb.com: Marc

Post by Marc »

sharnaak

Post by sharnaak »

Thanks, really. I didn't even consider searching in the development part of the forum, that was kind of stupid of me!

Now I'm trying to get in touch with a forum user that recently installed it hoping to find a couple of answers, since I tried to install the MOD with automod but it looks like it's not possible, and the author of the mod has currently put the project on hiatus =)

I'll keep you updated and thanks for all the help so far, really!
sharnaak

Post by sharnaak »

Ok so i've been trying to fix it a bit and so far i'm at a "good" point i guess

http://www.nbteam.eu/images/Error2.png

Do you have any idea on how i could actually remove those 2 bars on the left and right side of the headbar? I can't really seem to understand where they are...

(Also in case once I'm done with all this i can share what i did change and what i did to install it if someone is interested ^^)

*Edited the image link, it was creating a few problems or it looked like it.

Edit 2 I managed to fix it =)! http://www.nbteam.eu/images/win.PNG . Thanks for all the support, it took me a while but at least I've learned a bit on how to tweak my theme ^^